Friday 17 March 2017

Decoart / Stampendous Blog Hop Skull Coaster


Items Used:
Decoart Media Fluids
Andy Skinner Stampendous stamps: Skuldoggery, Toxic

Thanks for stopping by on the last day of the Stampendous/Decoart blog hop that has been running all week.
Here are the list of people playing along today. 

Friday

Pam Bray

Jamie Martin

Louise Healy

Asia King

Janelle Stollfus

Lea Fritts

Alison Heikkila

Katy Leitch

Mark Gould

DecoArt Blog


Today I have a 4x4 inch canvas board coaster painted with Decoart Media Fluids and one of Andy Skinners new Stamps from Stampendous.

I started by mixing a pale shade of green using the Media Fluids  and the Media Tinting Base and applied a base coat to the canvas board.
Once dry I stamped the skull with Black Stazon ink and started painting the skull using the fluids acrylics. I watered down the Transparent Yellow Oxide for the main skull, A little Titanium white for the teeth and a little Pyrrole Red for the nose.
I created a mask for the skull by stamping the image on some thin copy paper and cutting it out. I used Andy's Scratch stamp from the toxic set and stamped using the fluid acrylics to add some colour contrast and interest to the back ground.
I finished by stamping the word Fear also from the Skuldoggery set across the top of the skull and using a Posca pen added some highlights to the letters.
The edges were distressed using some Stazon ink applied with some foam.

Thanks as always and If you have some time we would love to see you joining in on the hop and seeing what the other DT members have created.
xx

15 comments:

  1. Ok Mark - I admit it - some of the skull projects haven't bothered me much but YOURS IS CREEPY - for sure!!! That said... it's SPECTACULAR in it's own right - for sure!!! Love the color of it - more like a relic. And the background is super. FAB creativity. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness! I love this eerie image so much! The red nose adds the perfect touch of whimsy to this! My son who is slightly afrad of clowns will be receiving a card made with this image once I get it! He will freak out and we will all be laughing at him as he opens it! LOL
    TFS and see you next post! :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! My first thought was PENNYWISE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, I would LOVE to make some of these. The clown idea is genius!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fierce skull with his red nose.
    cuts down on his fierceness.
    Fantastic coaster.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I had to place an order after seeing your clock post! Most members of my family would love to have coasters like this in their homes...me too! Can you see this guy in the bathroom...over the toliet! lol Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun project. This is sure to creep out the clown haters. LOL TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat project. Love that it's a coaster. What a fun set these would make as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really can make some amazing art!!! Loving this!!! A coaster, who would have thought it??? Pretty cool idea, just like the clock!!! Amazing, creative mind of yours. Very inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on being picked as one of the blog hop winners by stampendous x

      Delete
  10. Really cool project!! Great use of the paints and stamps. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting conversation coaster. Fun or fearful? Well just have to try it out on my guests!

    Hus,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so love your background, but have to admit,Mark, That clown skull is creepy! LOL
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cool!! Love the red nose!!

    ReplyDelete